Key SCA points:
- 14 September 2019 is the enforcement date
- SCA is part of PSD2, EU legislation
- Only for EU to EU, but in some cases if the buyer is in the EU
- Software providers need to ensure the processors that they use or they themselves have built-in 3D Secure 2 compatibility.
- Merchants should only use software vendors or processors that comply with the SCA rules and PSD2.
- Merchants need to realise that there will be extra friction at checkout for their customers even with 3D Secure 2 firmly in place.
- Recurring payments have to be authenticated on the first payment.
- Fraud will be reduced
- Liability for fraud will be passed on to the issuing bank
- MOTO and merchant-initiated transactions are not covered by SCA, so make sure you flag these as such
If you would like a transcript of this webinar then send us a message.